Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hard-bodied Faith Hill marks 41st birthday with bikini pose


Oct. 20, 2008, 7:32 PM EST
MSN Entertainment

While some famous blondes might celebrate turning the big 4-1 by consulting their plastic surgeon or needle-wielding dermatologist, Faith Hill has decided to doff her duds to show the firming power of Pilates.


"... Wearing a bikini on a magazine cover is my 41st birthday present to myself," the ab-tastic country star tells the December issue of Shape, crediting her thrice-weekly Pilates workouts for her ultra-toned figure. "I could bend in ways I haven't been able to since I was a teenager. My husband loves it!"

Hill, who's mom to Gracie, 11, Maggie, 10, and Audrey, 6, admits it took her years to come around to the idea of a consistent workout routine. "I was always very athletic, playing basketball and softball and running track," she explains. "But in my 20s and 30s, I'd go through phases with exercise, working out for four weeks before a big tour or video shoot and not doing much afterward. Then I had three kids and turned 40, so I decided to make a lifestyle change."

Giving Faith an added push was the knee surgery she underwent in January, which turned her sedentary for six months. "I had never gone that long without doing something," she admits. "I was not happy." Hill and McGraw started doing four miles a day on an elliptical machine in July, along with some weightlifting, crunches and push-ups.

"I found I slept better, had more energy and was stronger," says Hill, who soon added the instructor-led Pilates to her routine. "It was so hard, but ultimately so worth it," she encouragingly declares. "My core is much stronger, and my arms are more toned."

No comments: