Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Importance of Journaling

The Importance of Journaling: I know what your first thought is: "I don't have time to journal".....oh yes you do, and you know it! Most people don't want to admit or acknowledge what they are eating and drinking. It can be scary, upsetting, and a reason to actually change. It takes 30 seconds a meal, if that, to do. Studies have shown that people who journal their exercise and daily caloric intake have much better results when it comes to eating clean and staying on track.

You should:
-At a minimum, record what you eat and how much on paper or online (www.fitday.com is a good one and is free)

-If you have a few more seconds, note the time, and WHY you ate (i.e. I just worked out, I am hungry, I am upset, etc.) and how you feel that day (ie. slugish, energetic, happy).

-A few seconds available? Add in your workouts.

There will be simple logs in the studio for you to take. I used to have a "book" made at Kinko's for myself. It was easy, fast, and cheap.

If you are in need of some assistance or for someone to hold you accountable, please bring in your log or send to me over email. I will check it out, and make sure you are on a clean, healthy path to success.

No comments: